Welcome to Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Since inception, the department is producing world class postgraduates and research scholars. The state of the art infrastructure and lab facilities are established with grants from different agencies which ensure good exposure and hands on experience for students during learning process. The students have been employed in top core and I.T companies. Every year good number of students go to higher studies in IIts, IIsc and reputed universities in abroad. The faculty of the department has been involved in several research projects in cutting edge technologies and publications in many international journals and conferences. The department also undertakes many consultancy projects from industry and other organisations.
The global climate change and depleting natural resources are demanding invention of new technologies which are energy conscious. The confidence in managing new knowledge society requires continuous learning through novel approaches supported with research and development works in the areas of power and energy. Thus the department vision and mission reflects this and my department joins me in meeting this mission by producing knowledgeable and committed technologists to serve our country and humanity as a whole. The hard work and sincerity are strong pillars of success. Through our practices we strive to impress our students to inculcate these values and support the mission of NITK. I welcome wholeheartedly our alumni to join hands in supporting our endeavors by all means of interaction. Our doors are always open to Universities, research organizations, industries and utility companies to collaborate with us in building valuable knowledge society foreseeing bright future.
-Jora M Gonda
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering strives to be a Center of Excellence in education, training and research, producing high quality engineers and researchers. In this endeavor, the Department will continually develop knowledge and quality of staff, upgrade and create new laboratory facilities, revise the teaching program, acquire adequate new equipment to keep abreast, contribute and progress in the emerging technologies and committed for rendering the best service to the society.
- Produce graduates with a strong foundation in the basic sciences and mathematics that will enable them to identify and solve electrical engineering problems.
- Provide students with a solid foundation in Electrical Engineering that prepares them for life-long careers and professional growth in fields of their choice.
- Provide our students with the basic skills to communicate effectively and to develop the ability to function as members of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Provide our students with a broad-based education so that they can appreciate diversity of opinion, better understand ethical issues, and develop a more global perspective.
- Provide our students with a relevant engineering design experience that is integrated across the four-year curriculum. Through those experiences we will develop in our students an understanding of the relationships between theory and practice.